Tel.:+234 1 2912412-4
Languages: English, German and working knowledge of French.
Lara Kayode is the founder/managing partner of O. Kayode & Co, with offices in Lagos and Abuja.
She was called to the Nigerian Bar in 1992 after studying law at the University of Buckingham. She obtained an LLM in Intellectual Property Law from the QMW College, Univesity of London in 1994. A CEDR accredited mediator since 2005, she is a member of the Trademark Mediators at INTA and the panel of neutrals at the Lagos Multi door courthouse in Nigeria.
She was appointed a Notary Public in 2014.
An active and former Board member of INTA, she has consistently served on various committes at INTA and is the current subcommittee chair person of the Unreal Campaign committee ( MEASA) and Chair of the Global Advisory council for Africa at INTA.
- Lara manages trademark, patent and industrial design portfolios, for domestic and international clients respectively in Nigeria and throughout sub saharan Africa.
- She has developed a growing enforcement department to handle counterfeiting issues faced by clients in Nigeria
- She is able to advise clients on matters concerning regulatory bodies in Nigeria such as NAFDAC, SON, CPC and Customs & Excise.
- She advices clients on immigration matters, setting up business in Nigeria and other related commercial matters.
Memberships and Affiliations:
- International Trademark Association (INTA), Board Member 2012-2014
- Chair Global Advisory Council for Africa 2014- 2017 (INTA)
- Subcommittee Chair person Unreal Campaign MEASA regions ( INTA)
- International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (AIPPI) Vice President Nigerian National Group
- Section of Business Law of the Nigerian Bar Association (SBL)
- Institute of Trademark Attorneys (ITMA)
Articles and Publications:
- The Growing necessity for the Protection of Service Marks in Nigeria.
- Intellectual Property Management in Nigeria: Trademarks and Designs