Lara Kayode, Founding Partner
Tel.:+234 1 2912412-4
Languages: English, German and working knowledge of French.
Lara Kayode is the founder/managing partner of O. Kayode & Co, with offices in Lagos and Abuja.
She was called to the Nigerian Bar in 1992 after studying law at the University of Buckingham. She obtained an LLM in Intellectual Property Law from the QMW College, Univesity of London in 1994. A CEDR accredited mediator since 2005, she is a member of the Trademark Mediators at INTA and the panel of neutrals at the Lagos Multi door courthouse in Nigeria.
She was appointed a Notary Public in 2014.
An active and former Board member of INTA, she has consistently served on various committes at INTA and is the current subcommittee chair person of the Unreal Campaign committee ( MEASA) and Chair of the Global Advisory council for Africa at INTA.
- Lara manages trademark, patent and industrial design portfolios, for domestic and international clients respectively in Nigeria and throughout sub saharan Africa.
- She has developed a growing enforcement department to handle counterfeiting issues faced by clients in Nigeria
- She is able to advise clients on matters concerning regulatory bodies in Nigeria such as NAFDAC, SON, CPC and Customs & Excise.
- She advices clients on immigration matters, setting up business in Nigeria and other related commercial matters.
Memberships and Affiliations:
- International Trademark Association (INTA), Board Member 2012-2014
- Chair Global Advisory Council for Africa 2014- 2017 (INTA)
- Subcommittee Chair person Unreal Campaign MEASA regions ( INTA)
- International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (AIPPI) Vice President Nigerian National Group
- Section of Business Law of the Nigerian Bar Association (SBL)
- Institute of Trademark Attorneys (ITMA)
Articles and Publications:
- The Growing necessity for the Protection of Service Marks in Nigeria.
- Intellectual Property Management in Nigeria: Trademarks and Designs
Charles Ayodeji Adeogun-Phillips, Of Counsel
Charles has been at the forefront of many highly visible international cases. In March 2001 Charles was appointed Senior Trial Attorney and Lead Counsel at the United Nations International Criminal Tribunal for Rwanda, leading teams of international lawyers in the prosecution of persons involved in the 1994 Rwandan genocide in which an estimated 800,000 civilians were killed. His work on behalf of the victims and survivors of the 1994 Rwandan genocide has been the subject of several books including--”Le Tribunal des Vaincus: UN Nuremberg pour le Rwanda?” (the court of the defeated) by Thierry Cruvellier He also appears in a documentary film entitled Towards Reconciliation, produced by the United Nations in 2004.
- He represented the victims and survivors of the 1994 Rwandan Genocide.
- The criminal case against Pastor Elizaphan Ntakirutimana, leader of the Seventh Day Adventist Church.
- Criminal trial against the serial rapist Mikaeli Muhimana between 2004 and 2005
- Plea Nogotiations in the Vincent Rutaganira, Paul Bisengimana trials between 2004 to 2007
- Retrial of Tharcisse, Muvunyi on the charges of directed and public incitement to commit Genocide in 2005 to 2006 which the defendant was convicted in 2008.
- International Commercial Arbitration and ADR University of London, Master of Laws
- Law University of Warwick, Bachelor of Laws with Honours
- Barrister and Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Nigeria (1992)
- Solicitor of the Supreme Court of England and Wales (1996)
Memberships and Affiliations:
- Chartered Institute of Arbitrators of England and Wales
- Association of Professional Negotiators and Mediators
- Commonwealth Lawyers Association
- International Association of Prosecutors
- International Criminal Law Network
- Law Society of England and Wales
- Nigeria BAR Association
Charles is a frequent public speaker and lecturer in the field of international law and has been a guest speaker on international litigation and international humanitarian law at several educational institutions worldwide. He has also served as a lecturer in several European Union-funded capacity-building training workshops on various aspects of international litigation practice, including those organised for Judges of the Supreme and High Courts in various civil and common law jurisdictions.
Olaide studied Law at the Benson Idahosa University in Benin, and was called to the Nigerian Bar in 2010.
She has been in active legal practice with special interest in litigation, human rights and company secretarial duties.
At O Kayode & Co , Olaide's area of practice include, Probate, Corporate Commercial Law, Intellectual Property litigation, Arbitration and Mediation.
She is a member of the Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators of Nigeria ( ICSAN ) The Internations Trademarks Association and the Nigerian Bar Association.
Olaide enjoys Creative Art.
Tel.: +234 1 291 2412 -14
Dauda Abdullahi Kutigi
Dauda is an Associate at the firm based at the Abuja office.
He studied Law at the Bayero University Kano, and was called to the Nigerian Bar in 2010.
His practice areas major mainly in IP litigation, he attends all the matters before the Tribunal at the Trademark Registry .
He enjoys reading
Tel: + 234 1 291 2412-14
Dozie studied Law at the University of Jos, and was called to the Nigerian Bar in the year 2012.
He currently works as an Associate at the firm, where he pratices law in the areas of Intellectual Property prosecution and maintenance, anticounterfeting enforcement, Corporate/Commercial Law and Legal/Advisory Services.
Dozie is a member of a number of Associations aming which include the Nigerian Bar Association, the Intellectual Proeprty Lawyers Association of Nigeria ( IPLAN), International Trademarks Associaiton ( INTA) and the Nigerian BAr Association's IP Section on Business Law.
In this spare time, Dozie enjoys cycling, watching movies and nature viewing.
Tel.: +234 1 291 2412 -14